Agretti, Monk’s beard, with poached eggs and shaved parmesan cheese
I cannot believe that I haven’t post any new recipe since I got back to Doha.
Time do fly, and now is time to get back into blogging all the great recipes that I have been cooking lately. This agretti with poached eggs and shaved parmesan cheese is ideal for a quick and healthy lunch; can be prepared in advance and can be made under 30 minutes…..what more do we want?
Agretti, monk’s beard, looks like chives and have a salty citrus like taste. It’s perfect served with poached eggs and parmesan cheese.
Let me share my favourite recipe with all of you.
Agretti, Monk’s beard, with poached eggs and
shaved parmesan cheese
Ingredients 4 pax
04nos poached eggs
500gr agretti, monk’s beard, washed
04nos garlic cloves
01nos red dry chilli
80gr parmesan cheese, shaved
05ml EVO oil
Salt and pepper
- Add to 250ml of water a tbsp of vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and poached one egg at a time.
- Poach for 5 minutes for a soft yolk.
- Keep eggs on a side.
- Heat evo oil in a non stick pan.
- Add to evo garlic, chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add to the sauté the agretti.
- Sauté till cooked, 5-8 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Remove chilli.
- Divide agretti on each plate.
- Top it with poached egg and parmesan cheese.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do.